Horticulture Secretary: John Gott
The Horticulture Section is run by the Colne Horticulture Society.
The Colne Horticultural Society can be traced back to 1915 and is one of the oldest societies in Colne. The Society are dedicated to advancing horticulture and promoting good gardening.
Their goal is to help people share a passion for plants, to encourage excellence in horticulture and inspire all those with an interest in gardening.
Members over the years have included:
- Champion breeders of pinks and carnations
- 2 National judges for chrysanthemums, pinks & carnations
- National champion 3 times for chrysanthemums showing in London
- Best in show at Harrogate Amateur Decorative Championship
- Winning carnations at Nottingham & District Picotee Carnation Society
- Winning pink champions at Southport
- National Daffodil winners at the NEC Birmingham & Harrogate Spring Show
- Daily Mail Gold Cup for Best in Europe Gladioli Seedlings
- 7 AGMs to-date from the Royal Horticultural Society trila grounds at Wisley in Woking
- Their membership also includes one of the countries top vegetable growers, who is famous for cross pollinating and growing the ‘Pendle Leek’
As a member of the society you will receive the following benefits:
- 2 yearly shows Demonstrations
- Free advice
- Monthly meetings
- Annual AGM
Full Membership £2.00
The Society meets at:
North Valley Community Centre
For further details about membership or the Society contact:
Moss Houses Farm
Moss Houses Road
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Results for the Horticulture section at Trawden & District Agricultural Society 2015.